You can adjust the lights on your Floodlight Cam security camera in different ways according to your home security needs.
In order to ensure that you have the most up-to-date light scheduling features, make sure that you have the latest version of the Ring app. To find out how to update your Ring app, click this link.
You can use light schedules to:
- Turn lights off
- Turn lights on
- Set dusk-to-dawn schedules
- Create custom schedules for the same time/day of the week
- Determine if you have light schedules that overlap/conflict
To set up a light schedule:
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap the three lines on the top left of the screen.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the Device Schedule tile.
- If you do not see a Device Schedule tile, refer to instructions at the top of this page to make sure your Ring app is updated.
- Tap Light Schedules.
- Follow the prompts in the Ring app to customize your light schedules.
To adjust or change any of the light settings, use the same step-by-step sequence to navigate back to your security camera and select the Device Schedule tile.
Can I turn my light on and off during a scheduled time?
Yes. The light toggle in your Ring app will override a light schedule at any time. Simply turn the light on and off when you're finished to resume your schedule.
Can I schedule my light to turn on during the day?
Yes. Your light can be scheduled during the day. Scheduling the light to turn on between 9 AM and 4 PM will prompt the Ring app to ask you to confirm this is the time you wish to schedule.