Once you've completed setting up your Ring device in your app, you will be the sole account owner. As the account owner, you have control over all of the settings on your Ring devices. If you want to use multiple electronic devices (tablet, another phone, etc.) to control your Ring devices, download the Ring app onto the additional devices and use the same email address and password you use to log in to the Ring app.
You can give a Shared User the ability to view one or more of the devices on your Ring account. You can grant or revoke Shared User access at any time. In order to be added as a Shared User the person must have their own separate Ring account, and use their own email address and password to log in. If you have multiple Ring devices, you must add the Shared User to each device individually.
Shared Users can:
- Receive and answer alerts when someone presses your Video Doorbell or triggers motion sensors on Security Cameras
- View stored videos for up to 180 days (if you have a Ring Protect plan subscription)
- Turn alerts on and off for their own account on a smartphone, tablet or PC
- Save videos directly to their smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer
- Use smart locks and/or arm or disarm Ring Alarm system
A Shared User cannot:
- Delete stored videos or shared videos
- Delete devices from your account
- Change or adjust any device settings
- Add other Shared Users
To add someone as a Shared User:
- Tap on the three lines at the top left on the Dashboard screen and then tap Devices
- Select the device that you want to add a Shared User for, then tap Shared Access (you might have to scroll to see it)
- Tap Add User, enter the new Shared User's email address and tap Send Invite
The Shared User can accept the invitation via a link in their email. It can take up to 60 seconds for shared devices to show up in the app after the Shared User accepts the invitation.
For Ring Alarm system Shared User invitations, it may take up to 15 minutes for the devices to appear in their Ring app.