Once you've completed setting up your Ring device in your app, you will be the sole account owner. As the account owner, you have control over all of the settings on your Ring devices. If you want to use multiple electronic devices (tablet, another phone, etc.) to control your Ring devices, download the Ring app onto the additional devices and use the same login and password you use to login to the Ring app.
You can give a Shared User the ability to view one or more of the devices on your Ring account. You can grant or revoke Shared User access at any time. In order to be added as a Shared User the person must have their own separate Ring account, and use their own email and password to login. If you have multiple Ring devices, you must add the Shared User to each device individually.
Shared Users can:
- Answer and receive alerts when someone presses your Video Doorbell or triggers motion sensors on Security Cameras
- View stored videos if you have a Ring Protect plan subscription (for up to 30 days in the UK and EU)
- Turn on and off alerts for their own account on a smartphone, tablet or PC
- Save videos directly to their smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer
- Use smart locks and/or arm or disarm Ring Alarm system
A Shared User cannot:
- Delete stored videos or shared videos
- Delete devices from your account
- Change or adjust any device settings
- Add other Shared Users
To add someone as a Shared User:
- Tap on the three lines at the top left on the Dashboard screen
- Tap Devices
- Tap on the device that you want to add a Shared User for
- Tap Shared User (you might have to scroll to see it)
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a Shared User
- Tap Add User
- Tap Send Invite
The Shared User can accept the invitation via a link in their email. It can take up to 60 seconds for shared devices to show up in the app after the Shared User accepts the invitation.
For Ring Alarm system Shared User invitations, it may take up to 15 minutes for the devices to appear in their Ring app.