If Ring notifications sent to your iOS device are delayed, or if you aren’t receiving them at all, try the tips below to resolve these issues.
Be Sure Your Device is Online
You can check to make sure your device is online by going to the Device Health page in the app and looking at the "signal strength" under the network settings.
Check Notification Settings in Your App
First, make sure your notifications are enabled. In the Ring app, go to your Device Settings and make sure the switches for both Ring notifications and Motion notifications are set to the blue “On” position.
Note: Notification settings are specific to each mobile device connected to Ring, not your actual Ring Doorbell or Stick Up Cam.
For example, if you activate notifications on your phone, they will not be automatically activated on your tablet. Therefore, you have to manually change your notification settings for each device connected to Ring.
Check the Notification Center on Your iOS Device
If you’re still not receiving Ring notifications, click here to enable notifications on your iPhone.
- Once these settings are activated, log out of the Ring app, then log back in.
- Make sure the “Do Not Disturb” feature isn’t turned on. To change this setting, open the Control Center by pulling up the shortcut menu from the bottom of the home screen, and tap the moon icon to disable it.
- Lastly, test your device by pressing the doorbell button or triggering a Motion Notification.
- Repeat these steps on any other iOS device that’s not receiving notifications.
Perform a Soft Reset
If none of these steps resolved the issues, you may need to perform a soft reset. Here’s how:
- Hold the sleep/wake button at the top right of the device and the home button near the bottom of the device at the same time
- Keep holding both until the screen goes black
- Wait until the white Apple logo appears
- After your device is done loading, test your doorbell and motion sensor; notifications should now appear.
For iPhone X:
- Press and hold the Side button (on the top right edge) and either Volume Button. ...
- When "slide to power off" appears, release buttons.
- Slide the Power switch right. ...
- With the device powered off, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears then release.