The Retrofit Kit is a mounting plate included in your Ring Video Doorbell Pro package that allows you to mount your Ring Video Doorbell Pro on the wall by using the holes you created for your original Ring Video Doorbell.
Note: You can prime and paint your Retrofit Kit to match your home before installation.
Follow the steps below to replace a Ring Video Doorbell with a Ring Video Doorbell Pro using the Retrofit Kit:
- Uninstall your existing Ring Video Doorbell.
- Place the Retrofit Kit on the mounting holes that were used for your previous Ring Video Doorbell installation.
- Place the Ring Video Doorbell Pro over the Retrofit Kit. Make sure that the four pins on the back of the kit are flush against the mounting holes.
- Note: If the kit will not sit flush against the wall, you can use a pair of pliers to remove one or more of the pins that are preventing it from lying flat.
- Use the longer screws included in the packaging to secure the Ring Video Doorbell Pro onto the Retrofit Kit through the mounting holes.