Your Ring app can be set to use different app tones for different devices such as your doorbells and security cameras. This will let you know what's happening without even looking at your app.
To set up App Alert Tones, just follow these instructions:
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap on the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Tap the device you want to set up with a custom App Alert Tone.
- Tap Device Settings.
- Tap Alert Settings.
- Tap App Alert Tones
- This will bring up all of the available sounds for that device.
- If you are adjusting a Ring Doorbell, you can select one sound for Motion Alerts and one for doorbell rings
- You can adjust the volume with the volume slider on the App Alert Tones page.
- Tap the back button on the top left to go back to the previous menu.
If you have a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro, you can also adjust the notifications for those devices to differentiate doorbell rings from Motion Alerts.