Your Ring app can be set to use different app tones for different devices such as your Video Doorbells and Security Cameras. This will let you know what's happening without even looking at your app.
To set up App Alert Tones in the Ring app:
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner
- Tap Devices
- Tap the device you want to set up with a custom App Alert Tone
- Tap Device Settings
- Tap Alert Settings
- Tap App Alert Tones
- This will bring up all of the available sounds for the device
- If you are adjusting a Video Doorbell, you can select one sound for Rings and one for Motion
- Tap the back button on the top left to go back to the previous menu
If you have a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro, you can also adjust the alerts for those devices to differentiate doorbell rings from motion detected.