Adjust how often you receive motion alerts and preserve battery life with Motion Frequency in the Ring app.
The Motion Frequency control allows you to reduce alerts from repetitive patterns of motion or increase alerts so you get notified about the motion events that matter to you.
How to adjust Motion Frequency
- Tap the menu (≡) on the top left of the Dashboard.
- Tap Devices.
- Select the device you'd like to adjust.
- Tap Motion Settings.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Motion Frequency.
- Select Frequently, Regularly or Periodically.
- Frequently: Motion detection always stays active. Shortest battery life.
- Regularly: Motion detection takes a short break after each Motion Alert. Medium battery life.
- Periodically: Motion detection takes a longer break after each alert. Maximum battery life.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner.