Before setting up your Ring Video Doorbell Elite in the Ring app, you will have to install Ring Doorbell Elite in your wall.
Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Step One - Connect the Ring Elite Power Kit
- First, install the Ring Elite Power Kit
- The Ring Elite Power Kit is a PoE (or "Power over Ethernet") injector that takes ethernet input and outputs it as power over ethernet to your Ring Elite.
- Click here for more details on installing the Ring Elite Power Kit.
Using the provided adapter, plug your Elite Power Kit into any wall socket near your ethernet source.
- Plug the 90 centimetre ethernet cable into the port that says "Internet In."
- This cable will run from either your router or ethernet switch.
- Plug the 15 metre cable into the port that says, "To Ring Elite."
- Run this cable to Ring Doorbell Elite, going through your walls, if necessary. You are now ready to install your Ring Elite.
Step Two - Install the Mounting Bracket in Your Wall (optional)
- If you don't have a junction box in your wall, install the mounting bracket that came with your Ring Elite, which also serves as a junction box.
- If you already have an existing junction box, then you can simply discard the Ring Elite mounting bracket.
- To install the mounting bracket:
- When you turn the screws, you might notice the wing clamps turning, which will secure the bracket inside your wall.
- Trace the enclosed mounting bracket template onto your wall.
- Carefully cut a hole in your wall.
- Fit the mounting bracket inside and tighten the two install screws.
Step Three - Run the Ethernet Cable
- Turn off the power at the source.
- Pull the ethernet cable through the hole.
- If you plan on connecting Ring Elite to an existing doorbell, pull the wires through, as well.
- Plug the ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on the back of Ring Elite.
- You'll hear a "click" to confirm it's secure.
- The ring on the front of Ring Elite will start spinning and you'll hear that it's in Setup Mode. If this doesn't happen, check to make sure your connections to the Ring Elite Power Kit are secure.
- If you are connecting to existing doorbell wires, first shut off power at the main breaker. Then, insert the doorbell wires into the small wire connectors next to the ethernet port.
- It doesn't matter which wire goes into which hole.
- Using the included flathead screwdriver, tighten the two small screws to securely connect your doorbell wires.
- Restore power at the breaker.
Step Four - Secure the Ring Elite in the Bracket
- Insert Ring Elite into the bracket by angling the top towards you and sliding it into the bracket.
- Use both thumbs to press around Ring Elite simultaneously.
- Don't be afraid to use some pressure, since it could be a tight fit.
- Tighten the top and bottom screws to secure Ring Elite.
Step Five - Setup your Video Doorbell Elite in the Ring App
Note: Be sure to setup your Ring Elite in the Ring App before installing the faceplate.
- In the Ring app, select Set Up a Device
- Follow the in-app instructions to connect Ring Elite to your Wi-Fi network.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on setting up your Ring Elite in the Ring app.
Step Six - Secure Faceplate to Ring Elite
- After setup, snap your desired faceplate over Ring Elite.
- Use the flexible screwdriver included in your kit to secure the faceplate by turning the security screw at the bottom of Ring Elite.
Congratulations! Your Ring Elite is now ready for use.