Physically installing up your Ring Video Doorbell 2 without an existing doorbell is a simple process. Scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note: Set up your Ring Doorbell 2 in your Ring app before mounting it to your door.
Charge the Battery
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The light will be green when fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 2 until it clicks into place.
Line Up your Ring Video Doorbell 2
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 2:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Doorbell 2 below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell 2 next to your door at about chest height (4 feet).
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Ring Doorbell 2 on brick, concrete, or stucco, use the plastic anchors included in the box. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, simple use the screws included.
Place Your Ring Video Doorbell Over the Holes.
- Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
Screw in the Ring Video Doorbell 2
- Be sure you use all four screws that are included.
Install the Faceplate
- Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Video Doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
Tighten the Security Screw
Use one of provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.