If you just installed your Floodlight Cam you won't receive any motion alerts unless you set and activate at least one motion zone.
If you want to set your motion zones, follow the steps listed below.
- Open your Ring app.
- Tap on the three lines on the top left side of the screen.
- Tap on Devices.
- Tap on your Floodlight Cam.
- Tap the Motion Settings tile on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Motion Zones tile.
- Set your zones and motion range to your preferred settings.
- Tap Save.
You should now begin to receive motion alerts. Remember though, you need to have a motion before you can get a motion alert. So you might have to walk in front of the camera to activate it.
Click here for more information on proper positioning for your Floodlight Cam.