Ring devices go offline for a number of reasons. These include:
- Check the wires on your router to make sure they’re secure and the lights on the front of the router are on. You can also unplug your router for 30 seconds and see if your Floodlight Cam automatically reconnects when it’s plugged back in.
- Check to see whether another wifi device is having a problem connecting to the network.
- Try reconnecting to wifi in the Ring app.
Power troubleshooting steps
- Make sure your camera is wired correctly, according to Floodlight Cam installation instructions
- If your Floodlight Cam is connected to a light switch, check to see if the light switch was flipped off accidentally. Turn the switch on to restore power.
- Firmly press the setup button on top of your Floodlight Cam. If your floodlight has power:
- A voice will say "Entering setup mode".
- The light on the bottom of Floodlight Cam will flash.
- The floodlights will turn on when you walk past the motion sensor.
- Check your breaker box. You may have blown a fuse and need to reset the Floodlight Cam at the breaker.
Once you have verified your Floodlight Cam is receiving power, let the device run. When the light at the bottom stops flashing and glows steadily, your camera should have automatically reconnected to your wifi network.