While setting up Ring Video Doorbell Pro, you’ll be asked to put the device into "Setup Mode" (note that the device will automatically enter Setup Mode the first time it receives power). In order to put the device into Setup Mode, press and release the small button on the right side of the doorbell.
What is Setup Mode?
When any Ring product is in Setup Mode, it broadcasts a temporary Wi-Fi network.
During the setup process, the Ring app will connect to this Wi-Fi network to "tell" your Ring product how to connect to your home Wi-Fi network. As soon as your Ring product has been set up in the Ring app, it will stop broadcasting this Wi-Fi network, and stay connected to your home network.
How do I know my Video Doorbell Pro is in Setup Mode?
You'll know your Video Doorbell Pro is in Setup Mode when the light is spinning.
The light on the Video Doorbell Pro isn't lighting up. Is something wrong?
There are two possible reasons why your light isn't lighting up:
- You're keeping the right button pressed too long. Ensure that you are pressing the button firmly and releasing it immediately without holding it down.
- Your Video Doorbell Pro isn't receiving power.
Performing a hard reset
If the light on your Video Doorbell Pro does not light up and flash and your doorbell has power, you can try performing a hard reset.
To perform a hard reset:
- Hold down the right button for a full 30 seconds.
- After releasing it, the light should flash a few times, indicating that your Video Doorbell Pro is restarting.
- Allow a minute for this process to complete, then try putting it in Setup Mode again by briefly pushing and releasing the right button.