If your Ring device is offline (disconnected from wifi) and not showing videos, you can reconnect it in the Ring app or use some troubleshooting steps if your wifi settings changed.
If you changed something (got a new internet service provider, have a new/different network name)
- If you changed your internet service provider or got a new wifi router, and use the same network name and password, your Ring devices will automatically reconnect to wifi.
- If you’re using a different network name and a different password you’ll have to reconnect to wifi.
- Your wifi network name and password may be printed on your router. Or, there might have been a piece of paper in the router box with the network and password information on it. Use this link if you need to learn how to find your wifi password.
- Remember that passwords must be entered exactly. Wifi passwords are case sensitive (upper and lower case letters) and do not have any spaces in them.
If you didn't change anything (didn't get a new router or didn't change your password)
If your password is the same but you still can’t reconnect to wifi, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Check other devices around your home to see if they’re connected or disconnected to wifi.
- If other devices are not working, there may be an outage in your area.
- If other devices are working, you’ll need to use one of the solutions listed below.
- If your router is behind a sofa or in a closet, move the router so the signal path is unobstructed.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in again.
- Move your router closer to the Ring device. Ideally, the router should be less than 6 metres from the device.
- If you have a device with a removable battery, remove the battery and wait 15 seconds before reinserting it. This will reboot the device, which may help to fix wifi connectivity issues.
- If you have had a frequent problem with your wifi disconnecting, you might want to try a Chime Pro wifi extender.
- If you have a large home, you may want to consider a mesh network.