Learn how set up Floodlight Cam Wired Pro from the Ring app.
Download the Ring app by searching “Ring” in the App Store (for iOS devices), the Play Store (for Android devices) or by visiting ring.com/app on your mobile device. If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
Set up Floodlight Cam Wired Pro
To set up your Floodlight Cam Wired Pro:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap Set Up a Device.
- Tap Security Cams.
- Tap the blue I’m Ready to Scan button.
- Use your mobile device’s camera to scan the QR code on the device’s packaging.
- When a green square and pop-up with your device image appear, the code has been recognised.
- Enter the Location where your Floodlight Cam is being set up.
- If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, your the Ring app will ask* to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Already specified a location for your Ring devices? Select it from the list of your locations in the Ring app.
- Give your Floodlight Cam a Device Name.
- You can proceed with the device’s default name or give it a custom name.
- Connect your Floodlight Cam to Ring
- iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
- Android: If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network:
- Exit the Ring app
- Go to your mobile device’s Settings.
- Tap wifi.
- Select either Ring- or Ring Setup.
- When prompted by the app, press and release the button on the Floodlight Cam until the blue light flashes.
- Tap Continue in the app when the blue light stops flashing.
- Connect to your preferred wifi network.
Once your device automatically finalises the setup process, it will be ready to use.
*Giving the Ring app access to your location services will help you with inputting your address. Certain features of the Floodlight Cam will not work properly without location access.
Troubleshoot QR code scanning issues
If you are experiencing issues scanning the QR code:
- Ensure you are in a well lit area.
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- Once your camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow these additional steps:
- Tap Other Options below the scanner.
- Select Can’t Scan the QR code.
- Select Enter Code Manually (this corresponds to PIN code digits underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter your five digit PIN located below the QR code.
Test your device
Once your Floodlight Cam has completed its update and setup, configure your Floodlight Cam’s motion zones, then open Live View to test your camera.