Physically installing up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 without an existing doorbell is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note: You should setup your Ring Doorbell 4 in your Ring app before mounting it to your door.
Note: Tools needed for installation (not included):
- 6mm masonry drill bit
- PH2 Phillips screwdriver
1. Charge the provided battery
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The small light on top will glow green when fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 4 until it clicks into place.
Note: You may see an incorrect battery discharge/reporting when setting up your Ring Video Doorbell 4 if the device is not fully charged before use.
Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.
2. Line up your Ring Video Doorbell 4
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 4:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Video Doorbell 4 below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell 4 next to your door at about 48 inches from the ground.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
3. Drill holes
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Ring Doorbell 4 on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are using the included optional adaptor mounting plate on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
4. Place your Ring Video Doorbell 4 over the holes
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
5. Screw in the Ring Video Doorbell 4
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Video Doorbell 4 on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
6. Install the faceplate
Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
7. Tighten the security screw
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.