Run the Ring Chime Pro Placement Test to find a location where it gets a strong wifi signal from your router, and is able to extend this to your Video Doorbells and Security Cameras.
How to run the Placement Test
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (≡) on the top left.
Select the Chime Pro that you want to check.
Tap Chime Pro Network.
If you have one or more devices connected to Chime Pro Network, you will see an option to run Chime Pro Placement Test at the top of the list.
- If you do not have any devices connected to Chime Pro Network, tap on the device in the list that you would like to connect and follow the steps in the app before continuing below.
- Tap Run Placement Test.
- You'll see a list of any devices connected to Chime Pro Network. If you have more than one device connected to Chime Pro Network, they will be listed in order of weakest to strongest signal.
- Follow the prompts in the app to optimize your placement of Chime Pro. This may involve unplugging Chime Pro and plugging it back in to a different outlet. Once plugged in, Chime Pro will automatically reboot and your settings will be preserved.
- Tap Test Again to recheck the placement of your Chime Pro.
Repeat Chime Pro Placement Test as often as necessary until you achieve a good result.
If you skipped any steps after setting up Chime Pro, you may need to go back and complete them for all your features to work properly.