If you’ve previously purchased a Ring Spotlight Cam Wired and are looking into hardwiring your device directly into your home electrical system, the entire process can be made much simpler with the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam.
The rest of this article will answer common questions concerning the Spotlight Cam Hardwire Kit.
What is the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam?
The Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam is a package of tools and parts that allows you to hardwire your Spotlight Cam Wired directly onto the included junction box, instead of plugging into a regular power socket.
What is the benefit of hardwiring a Spotlight Cam into an electrical box?
Hardwiring a Spotlight Cam into your electrical system ensures consistent power will be supplied to your camera.
Can I use this kit to mount my Spotlight Cam to the ceiling or an overhanging eave?
Yes. The included weatherproof box covers can be mounted to the junction box on a wall, ceiling, or other overhang.
What comes in the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam?
The Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam contains the following:
- Screwdriver and Phillips bit: Used to install the box cover and tighten the security screw.
- Bag of screws and washers: Use four screws when mounting to a round junction box.
- WAGO connectors: Used to secure and protect wire connections.
- Round weatherproof box cover: Used to mount your Spotlight Cam on the round weatherproof junction box.
- Wiring harness and mounting nut: Used to attach your Spotlight Cam to your chosen weatherproof box cover and connect it to your household wiring.
- Security Screw: Used to secure your Spotlight Cam to the box cover.
How do I install the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam?
Click here for information on installing the Hardwired Kit for Spotlight Cam.
How high should my Spotlight Cam be mounted off the ground?
The recommended height for a Spotlight Cam is 2.7 metres off the ground with the motion sensor parallel to the ground. At that height, the Spotlight Cam is optimised to detect human-sized objects at up to 9 metres.