You only need one battery for your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus to work properly, or to act as back-up power for your Video Doorbell 3 Plus. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime while charging the battery, a second battery is available for purchase.
How do I recharge the battery for my Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus?
Your Video Doorbell 3 Plus battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall socket.
To charge your Video Doorbell 3 Plus battery:
- After you have removed the security screw on the bottom of the faceplate, remove the faceplate by pressing in on the sides and carefully pulling the faceplate out and off.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect the orange micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into the Video Doorbell 3 Plus until it clicks in place.
- Place the faceplate back on by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
- Your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus will power up and be ready for use.