Physically installing up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 without an existing doorbell is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note that you should setup your Ring Doorbell 3 in your Ring app before mounting it to your door.
Step One: Charge the Provided Battery
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The small light on top will glow green when fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 3 until it clicks into place.
Step Two: Line Up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Pus
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 3:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Doorbell 3 below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell 3 next to your door at about 125 cm from the ground.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
Step Three: Drill Holes
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Ring Doorbell 3 on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are using the included optional adaptor mounting plate on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
Step Four: Place Your Ring Video Doorbell 3 over the holes.
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
Step Five: Screw in the Ring Doorbell 3
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Ring Doorbell 3 on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
Step Six: Install the Faceplate
Place one of the provided faceplates on your Ring Doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
Step Seven: Tighten the Security Screw
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.