This article will detail how to physically install your Ring Video Doorbell Pro.
Step One — Remove Your Existing Doorbell Button
- Turn off power at the breaker
- Remove the existing button and disconnect the wires
Step Two— Mounting the Doorbell
- First, remove the device’s faceplate
- If mounting on a masonry surface, do the following before proceeding:
- Use the device as a template to mark pilot holes.
- Drill holes and insert the anchors.
- Connect the wires to the screws on the back of the device
- It doesn't matter which order the wires are connected, just be sure the wires don't touch each other.
- Be careful of over-tightening these screws as well.
- Place the device level against the wall and drive the screws in
Note: The Ring Video Doorbell Pro will never require a diode to be installed.
Step Two — Setting up the Doorbell in the Ring App
- Double check each portion of your wiring and then turn the power back on
Note: The device will require up to an hour to charge its internal power cell. After it has been charged, the device will automatically move into setup mode.
Now that the device has been installed, it’s time to continue setup in the Ring App.
Step Five — Attach the Faceplate
- Place the faceplate on the Doorbell and ensure it is secured to the device.
- Install the security screw at the bottom of the device.