Once your Stick Up Cam Elite has been set up, you can get the most out of it by using the device's advanced settings. This article will describe what functions the advanced settings control.
Accessing Advanced Settings
To access your Stick Up Cam's advanced settings:
- Open your Ring App.
- Select your Stick Up Cam Elite.
- Tap on the gear icon on the upper right-hand side of your Ring app.
Advanced Settings Controls
You can find the following controls on the advanced settings menu:
- Device Name: A device name is the specific name you will use to identify that individual Stick Up Cam. If you didn't select a name during the setup process or want to change the device's name, you can do that here. Assigning individual and easily remembered names is very important, especially if you have multiple devices. The name is how you will control individual devices elsewhere in the app.
- Location: Locations allow you to group your Ring devices by their physical location. If, for example, you had a Ring Alarm and a number of Ring cameras at both your home and your place of business, you could group these devices into "Home" and "Business" locations. If you need to select or make adjustments to your Stick Up Cam's Location you can do that here.
- Deactivate Device: This control will walk you through the process of completely removing your Stick Up Cam from your Ring app and deactivating it.
- Install Type: Let the Ring app know whether your installation is indoors or outdoors.
Note: If you deactivate your device and then decide to reinstall it you will have to re-enter the device into all associated groups and reset all settings.