The rechargeable battery can go months between recharges with normal use. This is dependent on a number of factors in your home’s environment such as the local weather and the number of activities captured
You only need one battery for your Stick Up Cam Battery to work properly or to act as back-up power for your Stick Up Cam Solar. However, if you want extended battery life or don't want to experience any downtime while charging the battery, a second battery is available for purchase.
How do I recharge my Stick Up Cam battery?
Your Stick Up Cam battery is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source such as a computer. Your battery will take around five to 10 hours to fully charge depending on whether the USB cable is plugged into a USB port or into a wall outlet.
To charge your Stick Up Cam battery:
- Open the battery compartment by twisting the battery cover counterclockwise to unlock, then removing it from your Stick Up Cam.
- Remove the battery by pressing the release tab.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the battery. During charging both the red and green lights will light up.
- Your battery is fully charged when the light on the battery shines a solid green.
- Slide the fully charged battery back into Stick Up Cam Cam until it clicks in place.
- Place the battery cover back onto your Stick Up Cam.
- Stick Up Cam will power up after a minute and be ready for use.