Learn how to get Video Doorbell Pro back online when it is offline or has a poor connection.
If your Ring device is having trouble connecting, the Ring app will show an error with a code that will help you determine your issue. Here are a few top reasons for poor connectivity:
- Your device may not be receiving power or be unplugged
- Your location's internet may not be working, or your internet service provider is experiencing high traffic
- You recently changed to your wifi network, wifi password or internet service provider (ISP)
- You moved to a new location
- Your Ring device may be too far from your wifi router
Your Ring Chime Pro or wifi extender may be unplugged
Things to check
- Make sure your wifi router is plugged in and turned on.
- Check other devices around your home to see if they’re connected or disconnected to wifi. If other devices are not working, there may be an outage in your area.
- Make sure your Ring device has your most updated wifi network and password.
- Check the power at your location, and at the circuit breaker.
Things to try
Reboot your wifi router.
Unplug your router and modem for 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Your Ring device will automatically attempt to connect.
Check your Ring device's signal strength.
If your Ring device is far from your wifi router, it may be experiencing connection issues.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap menu (☰).
- Tap Devices.
- Select the Ring device you would like to test.
- Tap on the Device Health tile.
- Scroll to Signal Strength under the Network section.
The green, amber, red colours are indicators of your device connection. Green is good, red is poor. Learn more about wifi signal strength.
Move your wifi router off the floor.
Walls, floors and furniture can interfere or weaken your router's wireless signal. Choose an elevated, central, open location for your wifi router.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro may go offline due to low voltage issues, due to your Video Doorbell not receiving enough power from your doorbell transformer.
To check your the voltage of your Ring Video Doorbell Pro, open the Ring app, select your Ring Video Doorbell Pro, and tap Device Health. For Ring Video Doorbell Pro to function correctly, the voltage needs to be at least 3,900mV.
If your transformer supplies less than 16 VAC, you will need to upgrade your transformer for Ring Video Doorbell Pro to work properly.
Even if your power source supplies 16 VAC or greater, sometimes resistance in your wires – often due to length or age of the wires – can keep Ring Video Doorbell Pro from receiving enough power to function.