The most common reasons why Chime or Chime Pro goes offline are primarily due to wifi network issues or loss of power. Here are some tips to help get your Chime back online.
- Check that all of your wires are properly plugged in and that the lights on the front of the router are on. You can also unplug your router for 30 seconds and see if your Chime automatically reconnects when it’s plugged back in.
- Check to see whether another wifi device is having a problem connecting to the network.
Things to try
- If the blue circle on the front of your Chime is not lit up, try unplugging your Chime and plugging it back in. It should restart immediately.
- If your Chime does not restart, try plugging it into another power outlet.
- If the blue circle does not light up when plugging it into another outlet, there may be an issue with your Chime. Contact Customer Support.
Note: Once you've plugged the unit back into an outlet and verified it's receiving power, let the device run for at least 30 seconds. When the blue circle stops flashing and glows steadily, it has automatically reconnected to your network.