The following article answers common questions concerning charging batteries for the Ring Video Doorbell.
How often do I need to charge the battery on my Ring Video Doorbell?
Your Ring Video Doorbell is charged using a common micro-USB cable (an orange one is included in your Ring box). The micro-USB cable can be plugged into any USB power source, such as a computer. Your Ring Video Doorbell will take between five and 10 hours to charge fully.
To recharge your Ring doorbell:
- Remove the security screws on the base of the doorbell and lift the doorbell up and away from the mounting bracket.
- Connect any micro-USB charger to the charging port in the back of the Ring unit (an orange charger comes inside your Ring box).
- Your battery is fully charged when the circular light on the front of your Ring device is a solid blue circle.
- Reattach the Ring unit to the mounting bracket using your security screws.
- After about 30 seconds (time for the device to start up) test your Ring Video Doorbell by pressing the button on the front.
I've recharged my Ring doorbell but the battery in the app still says that it's low on power. What's going on?
The battery measurement inside your app is updated each time you press the front button on your Ring Video Doorbell. Give your doorbell a couple of test rings and the app should update.