With Ring Live View widgets, you can access Live View on your Ring Video Doorbells and Security Cameras with just a tap, right from the home screen of your smartphone or tablet.
Ring Live View widgets appear as tiles on your home screen, with each widget displaying the name and image of a chosen device.
Note: Ring Live View widgets are available with the Ring app (version 5.58 on iOS and version 3.58 on Android). Please make sure your app and operation system are up-to-date to use this feature.
How to set up Ring Live View widgets
For iOS, see Apple's How to add and edit widgets on your iPhone or follow these steps:
- Tap and hold the home screen until the icons wiggle.
- Tap the plus (+) in the top left corner, tap Search Widgets and type Ring Live View.
- Here, you can swipe between widget options and sizes. When finished, tap Add widget and place it anywhere on your home screen. (Note: Your Ring Live View widget will select one of your Ring devices by default. To choose a different device, follow the steps below on how to edit Ring Live View widgets).
For Android, see Google's Add apps, shortcuts & widgets to your Home screens or follow these steps:
- Tap and hold an empty space on the home screen.
- Tap Widgets and search for Ring (or press and hold the Ring app and select Widgets).
- Press and hold the widget, then drag and place it anywhere on the home screen of your choice.
- Choose one of your Ring devices for instant Live View access.
How to edit Ring Live View widgets
- Tap and hold the widget.
- Tap Edit.
- Choose a different doorbell or camera for instant Live View access.
- Tap outside the widget to exit.
Note: If you want instant Live View access for multiple devices, you will need to add one Ring Live View widget per Ring device.