In the Ring app, zero coordinate locations (0x0) are not valid. To ensure your Ring app features are functioning properly, you will need to add a valid address for your location.
Zero coordinate locations may cause the following issues in the app:
- No time zone defined
- Map View not showing the correct location
How to edit your address in the Ring app
It's easy to change or correct your address in the Ring app. Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app, then follow the steps below. Learn more about downloading and updating the Ring app.
- Open the Ring app
- Tap the menu icon ≡ on the top left corner of your dashboard
- Tap Settings
- Tap Address
- Click Edit Address
- Select a location type
- Enter a valid address based on your device location and tap on your address when it appears
- Pin your address on the map to determine accurate coordinates
- Tap Use This Address, or Edit Address if you need to make changes.
- Enter a name for the location and select Save Location
Note: You may need to enter your address manually if it doesn't auto-populate as you're typing it in. Only primary account holders can edit locations in their Ring app.