Physically installing and connecting your Spotlight Cam Solar Panel to your Spotlight Cam Battery is a simple process. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
Note: You should complete the setup of your Spotlight Cam Battery in your Ring app before installing the Spotlight Cam Solar Panel.
Attention! Users who order a newer Solar Panel may receive a device that includes a “Weather Resistant Barrel Connector.” This connector does not match our older instructions or documentation.
Step One: Select your install location
When selecting your installation spot, be sure to choose a spot that gets reliable sun exposure every day. Spotlight Cam Solar Panel can keep your Spotlight Cam Battery charged with just a few hours of direct sunlight per day.
Step Two: Line up your Spotlight Cam Solar Panel
To properly line up your Spotlight Cam Solar Panel:
- Using the Solar Panel mounting arm as a template, mark the screw holes on your chosen surface with a pencil.
Step Three: Drill holes Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Spotlight Cam Solar Panel on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to get the anchors in.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
Step Four: Put up the mounting arm
Secure the mounting arm to the wall with the included screws. Tighten until snug.
Slide the solar panel onto the mounting arm. Make sure it's seated securely.
Note: If you'd like to adjust the angle of the solar panel for better sun coverage, loosen the adjustment screw on the mounting arm, set your desired angle, then re-tighten the screw.
Step Six: Pop out the weatherproofing plug
You will need to remove the mounting plate on your spotlight cam, pop out the weatherproofing plug and then replace it.
- Press the button on the bottom to open the battery compartment.
- Press the button on the back of the Spotlight Cam, and slide the mounting plate out of its slot.
- On the mounting plate, pop the rubber weatherproofing plug out of its hole.
- Slide the mounting plate back into its slot on the back of the Spotlight Cam until it clicks into place.
Step Seven: Plug the Solar Panel charging cable into the Spotlight Cam
- Route the charging cable from your Solar Panel into the power connector on Spotlight Cam.
- Remove the centre plug.
- Plug the snap ring barrel charging cable into the power connector on Spotlight Cam.
Insert Spotlight Cam into its mounting bracket, set the desired angle, then tighten its adjustment screw.
Note: Make sure to charge and insert the included battery into your Spotlight Cam. Spotlight Cam Solar Panel keeps your battery charged but does not replace it.