In some cases, your Spotlight Cam may go offline from possible power loss or network issues.
- Make sure all wires are securely plugged in.
- Make sure all the lights on the front of the router are green.
- Check to see whether another wifi device, like a mobile device or laptop, experiences the same issues connecting to the network.
- Unplug your router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. See if your Spotlight Cam automatically reconnects.
To check if your Spotlight Cam has lost its power:
- If the Spotlight Cam is connected to a light switch, check to see if the light switch was flipped off accidentally.
- Flip the switch back to the On position to restore power.
- Firmly press the setup button on top of your Spotlight Cam. If your Spotlight Cam has power, the following should happen:
- You will hear a voice say "Entering setup mode."
- The light on the bottom of Spotlight Cam will flash.
- If it's night time, walk underneath the motion sensor. If the lights turn on, your Spotlight Cam has power.
- Check your breaker box. You may have tripped it or blown a fuse. In this case, resetting the breaker or replacing the fuse could restore power to your Spotlight Cam.
Once you've confirmed your device has power, let it run. When the light at the bottom stops flashing and glows, it should be automatically reconnected to your network.