If you don't have an existing doorbell but would like to avoid the need to charge the battery of your Ring Video Doorbell 2, you can directly connect your Ring Video Doorbell to a low voltage 8-24V AC transformer.
Note: Some important facts for people planning on using this optional alternative configuration for their Ring Video Doorbell 2.
- The Ring Video Doorbell 2 can only be connected to an AC transformer or a Ring Plug-In Adapter (2nd Generation). The Ring Plug-In Adapter has been designed specifically for Ring Video Doorbells and has additional safety features not found in other DC supplies to ensure that you do not damage your Video Doorbell or power supply. Do not use any DC power supply not made by or certified by Ring.
- Installation must be carried out by a qualified electrician.
- Wires should be soldered onto the resistor and a wire clip can be used on the other end.
- In addition to the equipment included in your Ring Video Doorbell box, You will need to purchase an electronic resistor. A resistor is REQUIRED in place of a mechanical or electronic doorbell kit for this alternate configuration to work successfully.
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Do not use halogen or garden lighting transformers.
- Do NOT install a diode.
Resistors are available on Ring.com. Click here to purchase a new Wirewound resistor.