- Go to your router and check that all of the cables, especially the ethernet cables, are plugged into the proper receptacles on the Elite Power Kit and are tightly "clicked." All of the lights on both the Power Kit and your router should be lit up and green.
- Check on the wear and tear of your wiring. "Pulled" or frayed cables or ethernet cables with broken fasteners are a common cause of poor communication with a Ring Elite.
- Try power cycling your router by pulling out the power cable for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- If everything checks out on the router end of your cable you can try uninstalling the Ring Elite unit from the wall and checking the cable and connection to the Ring unit itself.
- Go to a PC or Mac that is connected via ethernet cable to the internet.
- Open up a Web browser and go to www.ring.com/speed.
- Press the Start button and measure your internet speed.
Still having trouble?
If you've verified that your Internet is working fine, and setting up your Ring product still fails, click here for information on other possible causes of in-app setup issues.