Which step is giving you trouble?
Downloading the Ring app
To download the Ring app:
- On your mobile device go to the App Store or Google Play.
- Do a search for "Ring"
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Starting the setup process
To begin the setup process, open the Ring App on your mobile device and tap "Setup Device."
For complete setup instructions, click below:
Entering my address
There are three potential causes for this:
- The app is having trouble pinpointing your exact address. If this is the case, try inputting a nearby address. While not ideal, an address that's "close enough" will usually suffice for setup purposes.
- Location services on your phone is not turned on. Turn on location services on your phone and try the setup process again.
- Your phone is not connected to the Internet. Turn off your Ring app and verify that your phone or PC or Mac is connected to the Internet, then run through the setup process again.
Entering the correct password
Note that this will only happen if you've decided to set up your Ring Elite on a Wi-Fi network. With a wired connection the system should not need a password.
If you do set up your Ring Video Doorbell Elite with a wifi network, always remember that network passwords are case-sensitive and can very often be found on a label on the underside of your router.
Solving connection issues
While not comprehensive, the most common causes of failure to complete Setup are having a problem with your internet connection, or some type of issue related to your Wi-Fi modem or router. Click on the issues below for advice on how to check for these problems along with solutions for them.
Putting my Ring device into Setup Mode
Initial wifi setup
Trouble with the step is usually an inability to find the temporary wifi network called "Ring-" being broadcast by your device. In this case, you should restart the setup procedure and when you get to this step look for a slowly pulsing light on your device. This will tell you that the device is broadcasting. If you don't see this light, you may have a malfunctioning unit.
Completing setup if the Ring app says "Setup did not complete"
While not comprehensive, the three most common causes of failure to complete Setup (after entering an incorrect password) are your Ring device being too far from your Wi-Fi router, having a problem with your internet connection, or some type of issue related to your Wi-Fi modem or router. Click on the issues below for advice on how to check for these problems along with solutions for them.
Completing setup if none of these topics describe my problem
If your Video Doorbell won't set up and you've determined that it's not one of the most common causes there are a few other things you can try that might help clear up the issue. Click here for the procedures to follow if your setup is failing repeatedly.